We are a small privately-owned company with residential buildings in the Lower Mainland. We are offering an opportunity for a couple with both business and life experience. You should also possess an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for service excellence, and the skills to manage and maintain a rental housing complex consisting of 3 buildings – 192 units.
CONTRACT POSITION SUMMARY
As a Resident Building Manager, you are the primary contact and link for our residents. You are an integral component in developing and maintaining good resident relationships for our buildings. Your skills would include being approachable, proactive and professional, with knowledge of the BC Residential Tenancy Act and cleaning and maintenance skills. This portfolio requires previous experience in the Property Management industry.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leasing and Marketing residential units;
- Interviewing prospective tenants, screening and reference checks
- Collection of rents, and past due payments, making deposits, preparing Leases, Suite Inspections, Notices
- Monthly rent collections and general administrative duties, including move in and move out procedures,
- Building positive relationships with tenants, and promptly responding to their concerns;
- Ensuring and maintaining outstanding cleanliness at the buildings and the grounds;
- Performing minor repairs such as fixing leaky faucets, clearing drains, changing locks, hardware adjustments
- Minor landscape maintenance and clean up
- Trouble shooting and problem solving unexpected emergencies; Respond to emergency calls quickly and efficiently (during both regular and after-hours).
- Daily rounds of the property to ensure security standards are met for residents.
- Working effectively with the Property Manager by providing regular updates and advise of preventative
- maintenance measures.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Ability to manage customer expectations, provide outstanding customer service, and form effective, trustworthy relationships with a wide variety of people;
- Clear and concise reporting skills – both written and oral
- Excellent communication skills as well as promotion/negotiation skills;
- Effective time management skills and the attitude for “making it happen” and “getting it done”
- Proven “handy-man” skills;
- Ability to understand and abide by the BC Residential Tenancy Act;
- The ability to understand a situation from someone else’s perspective, the ability to help them understand your perspective, and the ability to influence a positive outcome keeping a calm demeanor at all times;
- Being bondable, providing a criminal check and having an excellent credit rating is essential.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Joining this team will definitely be a rewarding career experience. We are an established family-owned company looking for keen candidates who take pride in the rental community in which you live and have the drive and initiative to manage a property as if it were your own.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your resume for consideration to: Office@rdcgroup.ca.
Thank you to all who apply, however only selected applicants will be contacted.