Staying healthy in the modern world can be difficult with the urban sprawl constantly spreading its borders. Venture out to Abbotsford where you’ll encounter a “City in the Country.” This slogan is perfectly suited for the healthy living that’s inherent to the region. Moving into the Midtown Club Suites is your first chance at experiencing upscale apartment living, while taking advantage of the healthy resources surrounding you.
Midtown Club Suites is adjacent to McCallum Junction Shopping Center, where you will find multiple healthy eating options such as the Sprouted Oven where you can dine in 6 days a week and enjoy artisan baking, fresh salads and snacks, or you could try Freshii, well known for its mission “to help citizens of the world live better by making healthy food convenient and affordable.” Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner it is the perfect solution to nutritious, good food on the run! Also only steps away, is Oxygen Yoga & Fitness where “you can be the best you can be, mind, body and soul.” And if Yoga is not your kind of workout, then nearby on McCallum Road you will find the newly opened Planet Fitness open 7 days a week.
A listing of healthy eating options in Abbotsford would not be complete without including the collection of bistros and cafes located in historic downtown, a mere 20-minute walk or a 4-minute drive away. Choose from an assortment of healthy options at these fine restaurants and bistros in the popular downtown core:
- Polly Fox – completely delicious and gluten-free bakery and bistro in the heart of town
- Dion’s Table (formally Harvest Grill n’Greens) – newly renovated and serving up some of the most healthy lunch options in the city
- Oldhand – specialty coffee in a retro bistro that will have you coming back for more of their perfectly smooth and rich java
- Brickhouse – check out the artisan New York style pizza
- Bow & Stern – freshly shucked oysters at Happy Hour is always a treat from the sea!
- And soon to be open Little Brother – bringing beautiful local food and drink to downtown Abby
One recent addition to the food and farm market scene is the new weekly Valley Food & Farm Collective (VVF). Created and organized by the owner and executive chef of Field House Brewing the VVF wants to put the Fraser Valley on the map as a global food destination.
This initiative is not only a farmers market but also include live music, food trucks and an educational component – it will be held every Thursday from 4-8pm and located at 2518 West Railway St.
In November phase 2 will be added, which includes a communal brewhouse, a local-food cafe, community rental space, and a music venue.
Check out one of these great options this week, as a resident of Midtown Club Suites you are in a perfect location to experience it all by foot or short car ride! Call us today to inquire at 604-776-1818.
Top pc: www.abbynews.com